I started working on a new personal project today called MealTicket. The goal of the project is to help arrange group meals (at restaurants) by providing a simple voting structure similar to Google Moderator. I am using this as my first real attempt to work with Google Web Toolkit (GWT) and plan on documenting the process.
Today I created an initial design of the user interface in photoshop. I only worked on it for a couple of hours since it's a holiday and I wanted to enjoy some time outside. There are numerous features that I have to create which may, or may not be, evident from the mock up:
- Support single day and re-occuring events
- Event invite since events will be private (maybe add public events eventually)
- Ability to mark a restaurant as visited with the option to not re-appear for X days, months, or ever
- Integration with Google Calendar
- Possible Yelp integration
- Resturant suggestions based on your history (and maybe based on other users)